Video: Turtle-watching at Puako, Hawaii

by B. N. Sullivan

I'm traveling on the U.S. mainland right now.  A change of scene can be a good thing, but I do miss the ocean when I'm away from the islands.

This evening I logged on to Twitter to catch up with news from here and there, and what do you suppose I discovered?  Someone I follow on Twitter just happens to be vacationing right now in Puako, Hawaii.  Looks like we have temporarily traded places.  Small world...

Judging by her tweets, Michelle and her family are enjoying their time on the Big Island.  Here is some evidence: a video of Hawaiian Green sea turtles (Chelonia mydas) lazily pottering about in the shallows at Puako, shot by Michelle's son.


If the video does not play or display properly above, click here to view it on YouTube.

Related:  Our page about Hawaiian Green sea turtles, and our page with links to all of our stories, photos, and videos of several sea turtles species.

1 comment:

  1. How I wish I could be in those waters now...

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and invite your questions. Dialogue is a good thing!

Bobbie & Jerry